Monday, May 16, 2011

New Beginnings

So, without further delay, I present my first official design blog! It's not much, but it's a start.

Let me start off by saying that if there is ever a photograph present on this website that you would like removed, please email me! I do not wish to steal anything and will always give credit due where it is needed (unless I can't remember who/where I got the picture from, in which case--I apologize a thousand times over :).

So before I begin starting up on real posts, I just want to share some photos that have inspired me along the way.



I wish I would have saved the info as to where this picture came from. I am in LOVE with the combination of the stripes with the old world table and buffet. The accent lamps with the black shades and shiny metal bases are to. die. for.  This picture is a great example of how my husband and I have to compromise on design. He's old school, industrial; and I'm modern, trendy and chic. Well, at least in aspects of design! :]

 I'm a fan of white kitchens, though I may never have one myself. Then again, I'm a fan of brightly colored kitchens too. But, I imagine those might be a bit easier to keep clean than an all-white kitchen. :]

Love the black and white wallpaper paired with the vibrant yellow.



I love this idea!


Okay, this isn't really necessarily black & white. But, it's gray. That's pretty close, right? Besides, I love the shades of gray combined with the chest, the tufted chairs and the gorgeous water art up on the wall. :] 


Love the rug! 


A favorite of mine. Love this dining room and I especially love the chandelier! :] 


This kitchen was recently featured in Apartment Therapy.  It's a perfect example of Industrial Modern and a great example of what my husband and I would like to accomplish one day when we finally buy our own home. (Of course, with a few splashes of color thrown in. :)

 This picture is from the same blog at AT. Another great example of Industrial Modern!



Love the floor, love the brick, love the cabinets! Love, love, love. 

 Especially love the dog silhouette and the little Eames chair in the TV stand.



I LOVE these stools. I wish I had saved the info about this picture, but if I recall correctly, the stools are made from old springs on some vehicle or machinery of some sort.

And so, with my first post under my belt, I bid you adieu.

- Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment